Lanxess Virkon S Disinfectant is DEFRA Approved Disinfectant that is used across industry for disease prevention and control. Virkon S is now marketed as Lanxess (formerly known as DuPont) and prevents the spread of diseases such as foot & mouth, bird flu and other agricultural based infections.
Virkon S comes in a re-sealable container is a pink powder that is added to water to make a disinfectant solution. The standard dilution is 1%.
Virkon S Disinfectant Benefits:
- Defra approved
- Outstanding virucidal properties
- Suitable for organic farming
- Ideal foot dip disinfectant
- Used to disinfect surfaces, equipment and water systems
- No need for disinfectant rotation
- Not classified as hazardous for transport
Virkon S Defra Approvals:
- Foot & Mouth Disease: 1g in 1300ml of water
- Swine Vesicular Disease: 1g in 100ml of water
- Diseases of Poultry: 1g in 280ml of water
- General orders: 1g in 100ml of water
Surface disinfection: Routine disinfection for all surfaces, earth, wood, and concrete. Use a 1:100 dilution (10g of Virkon S for every litre of water). Apply via a pressure washer or other mechanical sprayer, apply Virkon S solution at an application rate of 300ml/m2.
Equipment disinfection: Routine cleaning and disinfection of movable farm equipment. Use a 1:100 dilution (10g of Virkon S for every litre of water). Apply using a brush or pressure washer, wash all equipment in Virkon S solution until visibly clean.
Water system: Terminal disinfection 1:100 to 1:200. Continuous disinfection 1:1000.
Foot dips: Routine disinfection of footwear. Use a 1:100 dilution (10g of Virkon S for every litre of water). Replace solution once it has either become soiled or after 4-5 days.
Did you know that DuPont Virkon S has been re-branded to Lanxess Virkon S? Don’t worry, everything is the same apart from the label.
Download the Virkon S safety data sheet.